DIFFICULTY: TIPS:keep your helmet always on and enjoy
Also this tour has been conceived for those who want to go north beyond the natural borders of the “Busa”, literally the “hole” meaning the hollow in which the towns of Arco, Torbole and Riva del Garda lie, exploring the Sarca river valley up to Lake Cavedine.
This route is continuously going up- and downhill and is for those bikers with a bit of experience with mountain bikes.
The tour passes on some bicycle lanes and some dirt country roads and forest rangers’ roads; only a small part of it is on easy dirt single trails.
On this trip we will see two lakes. The first is Lake Bagatoli: a small pearl surrounded by a beautiful pinewood at the foot of the tall Brento rock face, a haven for the most experienced rock climbers and daring base jumpers. The second is Lake Cavedine: surrounded by the “Marocche”, a stretch of huge calcareous rocks. During the trip a visit to a winery is also planned.
- The Sarca River: along its banks surrounded by rich vegetation;
- The castle of Arco: on a beautiful rock towering on the city’s roofs;
- Historical palaces: the cathedral and the aristocracy’s abode in Arco’s centre;
- San Paolo Hermitage: 900 years old;
- Romanesque bridge: an old crossing of the Sarca river;
- Marocche: a stretch of huge calcareous rocks;
- Drena Castle: with its tower it seems suspended in a dreamlike setting;
- Fies: a power station with medieval architecture;
- Lake Bagatoli: sportfishing basin and rest area;
- Brento: a 1500 metres high rock face.